Your changes have been published. Previous versions of this page may be viewed by clicking the "Settings" button.
How Can I Help My Child’s Grade at Byron High School
1. Obtain a PowerSchool Login and Password – PowerSchool is an online grade reporting method that all teachers use at Byron Middle School to report progress of each student. With a login and password, parents can track when assignments are due and the grade earned on an assignment when it is graded and returned. Low grades are often related to missing or late work. Call or email the high school guidance office (Mrs. Smith – email@example.com) to obtain a login and password (810) 266 – 4620.
2. Get a planner – A planners is a great way to help your son or daughter remember when assignments are due and when tests and quizzes are scheduled. Start by having your son or daughter write down all homework that is assigned for each class. It is also very important to include “no homework” for a class if that is the case so the same routine is carried out each hour. If this needs to be monitored at first from the teacher, your son or daughter should write the assignment in the planner and the teacher will initial it at the end of the hour to verify it.
3. Contact the teacher - The high school office telephone number is (810) 266 – 4620. Leave a message for a teacher and you will get a call back within 24 hours. A faster way to contact your teacher is through email because teachers do not have immediate access to a telephone.
a. Using the Internet - go to www.byron.k12.mi.us
b. On the left side of the page click on Byron High School Toolbox –
c. A drop down menu will open – click on Teacher list – email links.
4. Byron High School and Byron Middle School offers teacher monitored help on Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:05 – 4:05. We will have the room staffed with a math teacher on Tuesday’s and an English/Language Arts teacher on Thursdays. Tuesday will be in the middle school room #202 (across from the office) and Thursday will be in room #11 (computer lab across from the high school library).
5. The Byron High School National Honor Society offers after school tutoring on Monday and Wednesdays from 3:05 to 4:05 pm. Monday the tutoring is in high school room 25 – Wednesday tutoring is in high school room 9. During this time your son or daughter can receive help from a high school student on any subject. This program is organized and monitored by Mrs. Thiele (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs. Davis (email@example.com).
6. Contact the Byron High School Principal Mr. Trotter, to set up a round table meeting with all your son or daughters teachers if there is a concern in more than one subject. Round table meetings occur before or after school and take about 30 minutes. Contact Mr. Trotter at (810) 266 – 4620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Contact Mr. Richardson (middle and high school intervention) if you have any questions about how to get your son or daughter help with anything at Byron Area School.
Mr. Richardson’s Office – (810) 266 – 5137 or email@example.com