How Can I Help Improve My Child’s Grade at Byron Middle School
1. Obtain a PowerSchool Login and Password – PowerSchool is an online grade reporting method that all teachers use at Byron Middle School to report progress of each student. With a login and password, parents can track when assignments are due and the grade earned on an assignment when it is graded and returned. Low grades are often related to missing or late work. Please call our middle school office to obtain a login and password (810) 266 – 4422.
2. Get a planner – A planner is a great way to help your son or daughter remember when assignments are due and when tests and quizzes are scheduled. Start by having your child write down all homework that is assigned for each class. It is also very important to include “no homework” for a class if that is the case so the same routine is carried out each hour. If this needs to be monitored at first from the teacher, your son or daughter should write the assignment in the planner and the teacher will initial it at the end of the hour to verify it.
3. Contact the teacher - The middle school office telephone number is (810) 266 – 4422. Leave a message for a teacher and you will get a call back within 24 hours. A faster way to communicate with your child's teacher is through email since our teachers do not have immediate access to a telephone:
a. Using the Internet - go to www.byron.k12.mi.us
b. On the left side of the page click on Byron Middle School Toolbox –
c. A drop down menu will open – click on Teacher list – email links.
4. Byron Middle School and Byron High School offers teacher monitored help on Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:05 – 4:05. We will have the room staffed with a math teacher on Tuesday’s and an English/Language Arts teacher on Thursdays. Tuesday will be in the middle school room #202 (across from the office) and Thursday will be in room #11 (computer lab across from the high school library).
5. The Byron High School National Honor Society offers after-school tutoring on Wednesdays from 3:05 to 4:05 pm. The tutoring is in high school room 25 during first semester and in high school room 9 during second semester. During this time, your child can receive help from a high school student on any subject. This program is organized and monitored by Mrs. Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) during first semester and Mrs. Thiele (email@example.com) during second semester.
6. Contact Mr. Hegenauer, Byron Middle School Principal, to set up a round table meeting with each of your child's teachers if there is a concern in any subject. Round table meetings occur before or after school and take about 30 minutes. Contact Mr. Hegenauer at (810) 266 – 4422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Please contact Mr. Hegenauer if you have any questions about how to get your son or daughter help with anything at Byron Area School.
Mr. Hegenauer's Office – (810) 266 – 4422 or email@example.com